We had just got off the ferry, and I see this crazy sign! I told Roy to stop so I could take a picture haha!
After that we kept goin until we got to Ronkonkoma, Long Island. When we first got there, we were kind of lost, but when we got to Theresa´s home (Roy´s mother) I couldn´t be happier. The family was so funny and so warm and good with me! I felt very comfortable in that place and Theresa was just like a grandma for me, during that week.
When we arrived, We also saw Vicky, Roy's sister, a new-yorquian lady, who talks very fast haha and it´s so funny like Roy! She is a great woman!
On Wednesday, a day after we got to Roy´s mother, we dressed up and went to NYC!
We got up early enough, and took the train to Penn Station, in Ronkonkoma Train Station. It was a very fun trip and a great experience, and it was cheap :P
That was a cool trip. I remember talking about piracy and how that is considered stealing haha.
We finally got to Penn Station, and it was quite a dirty place, like all of the subway places, actually.
We had to take several subways until we finally could go to the city :)
When we first went upstairs, I couldn´t hold myself, NY was just like movies, weird places to eat all over, stores, Skyscratchers everywhere, but it was quite dirty, like every other big city.
I couldn´t believe how many languages I was listening to! Spanish all over, a guy from some place in Asia that was in a store, just talking, german,etc.
At firs, we went to a weird store called Obscure something, a creepy place that ´tonio had watched on the TV. It had skeletons, post-mortem photos, two headed cows, and a lot of creepy stuff. But it was fun!.
We had hot dogs in the street, some snickers, and we continued by the subway, to my uncle´s work place, the Helmsley building (230 Park ave.)
When Roy left me there, we went up to his office and I was like crazy with the building. It was so cool, and seemed so expensive! He told me it belonged to an architect or something like that.
Well, we had a nice and long spanish talk (FINALLY!) and we talked about the oportunies each of us had there, in the US, and in Argentina. He realized how things were there. "Everything works" - like he said. He lives in White Plains and it´s planning to go back and retire in Argentina in a couple of years. And it´s a nice plan, he made quite an amount of money working there! We talked about that, and how should I proceed about my exchange thoughts in the future. How should I open my mind about everything and stuff like that.
I hadn´t seen him in quite a few years before the meeting, and it was good to see him again. Very good.
But he had some more work to do, so, I left, and I walked down to the 5th avenue by myself! in NEW YORK! I felt independent until 20 minutes later,that my host dad came back :P
After everything, we finally went straight to the point. TIMES SQUARE! THE BIG APPLE!
Being there was a blessing for me, and I´ll always be grateful with every person who helped me on this!
After everything, we came back to Ronkonkoma, and I was kind of upset, since I got no time to get in stores, but then I realized how fortunate I was on being there, and I just went to sleep with a bug smile on my face! :)
PD: NEW YORK IS A CITY TO GO AND WALK AND SEE STORES BY YOURSELF.NOT WITH YOUR HOST DAD, NIETHER YOUR HOST BROTHER :P




No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario