It was one of the best experiences I've ever had with the nature, and the mountains, it was awesome. We lifted our tents, and made a bonfire every night! I had such a great time! It's one of those things that will remain in my mind forever :)
The first day, we met at the school parking lot, and left the facilities at 8 am, aproximately. We traveled for a little while, and then stopped at Subway for lunch, until we got to the park.
Once we were in the main entrance, you just had to travel a little more, up the hill. After that, we got to the place reserved for us. It had very big green spaces, ideal for the tent, and a place for the fire, and a little cabaing with picnic tables, where we had supper.We ate spaghettis with meatballs that we cooked. It was a good experience to survive in the camp, with a stove and some utensils.
We made the spaghetti and ate a lot of it. It was so good! and we had cookies for dessert! Yum!
After the gathering, and the meet by the fire, we decided to hike the owl, instead of Kahtadin, the highest mountain in the park. After that, we went to sleep.
In the morning, we had some oat meal, for breakfast, for energy, and cooked our bagels for lunch. After preparing everything, we headed to the entrance of the owl trail.
When we started, it felt tireing to go up, and It felt infinite, but pretty soon it got good, and even tough it was very high, when we got used to it, we had not so much troubles. I had to slow down anyway, because I was leaving some of them behind.
After struggling with all those slipery rocks and logs, and tricky obstacles, we got to the summit!(1:20 PM)
The weather wasn't as clean as I expected, but It was grateful to finally get there, sit in a rock, and eat the bagel, and apples, and trail mix :P
Then, the fog went away a little, and we could enjoy the view of the rounding mountains, a view that will always be in my head.
Finally, we went down the mountains, in 2 separated groups, me and Connor leading. When we got to a sign, we were supossed to go to some strange falls to find with the other group,but me and a friend just got back to the entrance. I was so tired!
Crazy Thing: We ended the hike downhill, we left the trail, and minutes later, another friend comes saying that some of the teachers were pissed with us (I was shaking).
After that, WE GOT BACK TO THE F+CKING TRAIL, to look for the others. It was a lame idea, but we had to do it.
Conclussion: In the end, everything went great, and we were very satisfied of having done that (twice). I'm very happy I joined that club, and I'm looking forward to Blueberry Mountain
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario